If you’re reading this, it’s probably because you’ve seen (or at least heard of) the Acoustic Onion Band in its full, glorious, currently five-piece form. But did you know we often appear in other configurations?
Each of the musicians in the band has done solos, duos, and other ensembles throughout their career. So when it’s called for, we can often “peel off a layer of the Onion” (ha!) to suit the occasion. You may have seen some recent shows with these different line-ups:
- Tim, Tom, and Doug at a recent open mic, just for fun
- Dave opening up a wedding gig for the band as a solo acoustic act
- Doug, Paul, and Tim as a trio for an art gallery
- Tim and Tom performing as the Acoustic Onion Duo (the same way the band got started!)
The band’s flexibility for these occasions is one thing that sets the Acoustic Onion apart from the average band. The “layers” work well in all sorts of combinations! They can also assemble back together as the Acoustic Onion Band — like Voltron.
Coming up soon are two of these special shows:
- See Dave’s solo acoustic show at City Tavern in Manassas, VA this Tuesday, June 25 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Catch an Acoustic Onion Trio of Tim, Paul, and Doug at Park Lane Tavern in Fredericksburg, VA this Thursday, June 27 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
They’re all back together for a special July 4th edition of Beatles Night at The Colonial Tavern with a 9:00 p.m. start.