When Tom Ansink let us know in early December that he would be stepping away from the band permanently no later than the end of March, we took a nervous deep breath and started spinning ideas about how we might find someone to replace him.
After the holidays, we ran a local ad to see who might be out there. Having agreed that “fit” carries more weight than “function,” there were a few other must-haves on our list — someone who really understands time; someone who is available (have you looked at our show schedule?); someone who knows and likes the music.
We were pleased with the interest. Numerous capable candidates auditioned, and while we had productive sessions with them all, when Anthony Novak just killed his audition with an easygoing confidence, there was really never any doubt that we’d found the right guy. We’re pretty sure you’ll hear what we mean.
An earnest and grateful welcome to Anthony Novak.
Please join us at one of our upcoming shows and help us welcome Anthony to the Onion. Seems like we’re everywhere this month so you have plenty of opportunities:
- Colonial Tavern – Thursday, March 5 at 8 pm
- Buffalo Mo’s – Friday, March 6 at 8 pm
- 6 Bears & a Goat – Saturday, March 14 at 7:30 pm
- Colonial Tavern’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – Tuesday, March 17 at 8 pm
- La Petite Auberge – Friday, March 20 at 8 pm
- Park Lane Short Pump RVA – Saturday, March 21 at 9 pm
- Fareways Cafe in Lake of the Woods – Friday, March 27 at 6 pm
Check out the Acoustic Onion calendar for the full schedule. See you there!