Every other business on the planet seems to be addressing the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) situation. So it seems to be our turn.
As a local band, nothing is more important to us than our fans. We love you and want you to be safe and healthy. At the same time, we also know local venues rely on us to bring a great show — as well as our amazing friends and fans — to their place of business. So here’s our approach, and we hope you will please keep reading, so you understand it.
We support the trend of stopping the spread, by limiting exposure. There are many things we can do to limit exposure. Three of the most effective ways are:
- Wash hands regularly — do it the right way, with soap and water. It takes longer than you probably do normally. But not a big deal — everyone can learn to do it easily.
- Avoid the “T-zone” — don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth area. This is how many respiratory diseases get transmitted.
- Social distancing — stay about 3 feet away from others, especially those who might be coughing or sneezing. That’s about the same as a really long stride.
Here’s the kicker — You can do all these things, and still go out and enjoy your favorite entertainment!
Our partners (such as 6 Bears and a Goat Brewing) are committed to educating their staff on how to keep you healthy, and maintain an excellent environment for live music. So if you are doing your part, and they do theirs, we believe it will help.
However… There’s one other thing to think about. Not everyone has the same immune system. And we can’t all police each other about where we’ve been, and who we’ve come in contact with. That wouldn’t make for a fun night out.
We love y’all, our fans. We are so grateful that you come out and cheer us on, night after night. You appreciate the music we try to bring alive at every gig, sing along, dance, and have a great time. You make every night worthwhile. But we also want to do our part in preventing the spread of a serious virus.
This is also really important so that we can continue to make it to our upcoming gigs. We owe it to all those venues to come through and deliver a great show.
How can you help? Here’s what we ask:
- If you have something to say to the band, drop a napkin with a written note in our tip case.
- Keep the same 3-foot distance from our singers and the rest of the band — even if you’re close friends. We do want to hug you, really. But let’s be smart and set a good example.
- We might forget, too. So if a band member comes over to you, feel free to remind us to keep the right social distance. 3 feet is a good rule of thumb, which is a really long stride.
Together, we can not only prevent spread of COVID-19, but we can also have a good time supporting local businesses. We love you, and we wish you safe and happy outings and hope to see you soon!